press releasesFree iPhone Proximity Networking Download at Apple iTunes App Store, Version 0.97a of myRete Application Focus is on Meeting Friends and Dating
No Fee and Unlimited Text Messaging Included in WhosHere 0.97a
San Mateo, California - 02 September 2008 - "WhosHere" 0.97a by myRete is now available for free download on the Apple iTunes App Store. This proximity networking application for the iPhone 3G, iPhone and iPod Touch enables users to create profiles and meet users with similar interests while avoiding SMS fees. WhosHere also eliminates the need give out your phone number, email or IM address.
"WhosHere lets users find potential friends or dates in real time even if their matches don't happen to have their iPhone on at that very moment," said Bryant Harris, myRete founder. "In an upcoming release, users will be able to be in a dating mode one moment, switch over to professional networking the next moment and then even try to find car-poolers on the fly so they can cruise along in the HOV lanes."
WhosHere 0.97a is focused on enabling users to meet friends or potential dates through an exceptionally simple interface. Simply answer six questions about yourself and who you are interested in meeting and WhosHere will show you matches that are nearby to you. It takes the chance out of the chance encounter! When you find someone you want to talk with you can text message them within the WhosHere application.
myRete launched WhosHere just over one month ago and already has 40,000 users in over 50 countries.
WhosHere features include:
- Enables users to meet other users nearby with similar interests
- See how far users are from your current location
- Set whatever search criteria you are looking for dating, friends, casual relationships, gender, age, etc.
- See up to 60 nearby matches
- History list of people that you have chatted with
- See a list of brand new users to the WhosHere
- View your matches' profiles
- Create and update your own profile
- Add your own picture
- Set the accuracy of your own location in case you want more anonymity
- Speed dial the phone number of any matches that list their phone number
- No-fee and unlimited text messaging included in version 0.97a
myRete was founded in March 2008 with the singular focus of bringing an exceptional proximity networking experience to the iPhone and its millions of users. myRete's product line includes the WhosHere client and WhosHere application server. Rete is Italian for network. Offices: San Mateo, CA and Alexandria, VA.