press releasesmyRete Announces WhosHere Right Now Event and WhosHere 0.98a Update
Chance to Win iTunes Gift Card
San Mateo, California - 08 October 2008 - myRete announces WhosHere Right Now. WhosHere Right Now will be a regular promotion for members of the WhosHere community. Once a month for the rest of the year, myRete will publish a date and time for WhosHere Right Now events. Any user that is in the WhosHere application at the specified time will be eligible for iTunes gift cards.
The first WhosHere Right Now is scheduled for 15 October at 9:00pm to 9:30pm Eastern Time. Subsequent events will be announced in November and December.
Also, WhosHere 0.98a is now available for free download on Apple's iTunes app store. This proximity social networking application for the iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPod touch enables users to create profiles and each other while avoiding SMS fees. Additionally, WhosHere is completely anonymous and eliminates the need give any personal information, such as name, email address or phone number, to other users or even to myRete.
WhosHere 0.98a includes several performance enhancements and the ability to save pictures sent to you via the application. Bryant Harris, WhosHere Founder, said "WhosHere Right Now combined with WhosHere v.98a, lets users participate in real-time events in addition to using WhosHere to meet and network with people nearby or across the globe."
Since its launch in late July, WhosHere has nearly 70,000 users in over 50 countries.
Key WhosHere features include:
- Enables users to "meet" and interact other nearby users with complete anonymity
- See how far users are from your current location
- Unlimited and no-fee text messaging through version 0.98a
- Send up to 10 images to users every day for no cost through version 0.98a
- Set whatever search criteria you are looking for dating, friends, casual relationships, gender, age, etc.
- View your matches' profiles
- Create and update your own profile
- Set the accuracy of your own location in case you want more anonymity
About myRete myRete was founded in March 2008 with the singular focus of bringing an exceptional proximity networking experience to the iPhone and its millions of users. myRete's product line includes the WhosHere client and WhosHere application server. Rete is Italian for network. Offices: San Mateo, CA and Alexandria, VA.