press releasesWhosHere - Popular iPhone Social Networking App Introduces "Jerk Filter" in Latest Release San Mateo, CA - May 04, 2009 - WhosHere version 1.0 has been released on Apple's iTunes App Store. WhosHere 1.0 includes many new features including the Jerk Filter. The Jerk Filter uses a proprietary algorithm to rate users based on numerous criteria, including how they use WhosHere and how other users react to them. Bryant Harris, founder and CEO said, "The Jerk Filter is significantly improving the user experience, especially for our female users. Fundamentally, the Jerk Filter groups people of similar personalities. So women that are just on WhosHere to chat and make friends will not be spammed by aggressive guys." Other features included in WhosHere 1.0 include:
- A separate "Chats" tab that serves as an inbox for everyone you have previously chatted with
- Let's users add captions to their profile pictures
- Ability to read unread messages while your iPhone or iPod touch does not have a signal
- A 'flip side' to My Profile - given users access to more controls on who they see and who sees them
- Improved emoticons that can be dropped into any text message
myRete, Inc. was founded in March 2008 with the singular focus of bringing an exceptional proximity networking experience to the iPhone and its millions of users. myRete's product line includes the WhosHere client and WhosHere application server. Rete is Italian for "network". Offices: San Mateo, CA and Alexandria, VA.